As Hippocrates once said, “all disease begins in the gut” – and oh how right he was!
Our gut is extremely important and is the first and foremost principle of good health. The gut is responsible for our immune system, hormone regulation, digestion, nutrient absorption, toxin elimination, our mental health and so many more.
Digestion is so important because this is responsible for absorbing the nutrients from our food and feeding these to our cells. Therefore when our gut is not operating effectively, we become malnourished and put ourselves at risk of many diseases.
Unlike conventional medicine where the aim is to treat the symptoms, functional medicine tries to identify and remedy the cause. The underlying cause is usually one of the following;
- Poor diet
- Imbalanced gut bacteria
What signs indicate you may need to embark on a gut healing programme?
- Digestive issues like bloating, irregular bowel movement or gas
- Food allergies
- Anxiety, mood swings or depression
- Skin problems like acne, rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
- Auto-immune disease
- Frequent and recurring infections
- Poor memory, concentration and ADHD
- Oral and vaginal thrush or recurring UTI’s
Depending on your symptoms will depend on the severity of your gut issues. Our gut programme takes you on a journey back to health, by working through all of the above root causes. We identify and remove toxins, change your diet, provide de-stress techniques, remove allergenic and inflammatory foods and rebalance your gut. This combination is powerful at treating disease and highly effective when looking for a long-term cure.
No matter what your goal or situation, I believe in a natural approach to your success. All of our nutrition plans are educational and achievable. They focus on feeding your body rather than starving it and helping your body rather than punishing it. These plans provide you with long-standing, life-changing and rewarding results.
What you get
- A 12 week food plan complete with colon and liver cleanse package
- Understanding and rectifying the reason(s) for your symptoms
- A plan tailored specifically to you as no one person is the same
- Obtaining the knowledge to understand the foods that help and the foods that hinder
- The ability to enjoy your foods again without digestive suffering
- 1-2-1 support for your concerns, questions and needs
- A comprehensive shopping list to help get started
What you’ll gain
- Embarking on a health programme will make you feel great about yourself
- Giving your body the nutrients it needs will improve your energy levels, quality of sleep and free you from associated ailments
- Prevention of further issues caused by prolonged gut issues
- The education required to make long-term changes
- Weight loss is often experienced despite this not being an objective
Facebook: help your health campaign