Sticking to nutritional plans or trying to change our lifestyle is not always easy, in fact it can be very challenging – especially when it’s so far from where we currently are.
Firstly, we need to find our why. If we know why we’re doing it, we can use this to keep us motivated and help us achieve our goals.
What’s your why?
- Perhaps you want to live longer
- You want more energy
- You want to be free from ailments
- You’re tired of feeling bloated
- You want to feel confident in your body
- You want to do better for your children
- You’re fed up of having bad skin
- You want to prevent disease
Once we have our why, we need to make sure we find enjoyment in the process, as this is what keeps us committed.
So what makes it enjoyable?
- Creating and trying new meals. When you create something amazing with foods that are great for your health, you feel awesome!
- Watching our bodies change along the way. Your skin improving, your weight changing, your hair shining, you energy levels rising… it’s all pretty uplifting!
- When our taste buds change. This open us up to a whole new world of food. We’re no longer accustomed to the sugary foods the manufacturers sell us, but can enjoy foods as they should be in their natural state – and they taste wonderful!
- Our energy levels. With the right fuel for our bodies, we’ll have more energy to do all the things we want!
- We start reaching our goals. The more we enjoy the process, the more likely we are to reach our goals – and once that happens we feel even more motivated than ever.
If we focus on results, we’ll never change. If we focus on change, we’ll get results.
If we know our why, we learn the how and we find ways to enjoy the process – there’s nothing to hold us back from smashing each and every one of our goals!
Here’s to a healthier you!